T.O.N.E. SPRYFIELD WILL:
- Engage with men (age 18 to 50), who are under or unemployed and who are wanting to make positive changes in their lives.
- Support men to increase their mental wellness so they re-enter the workforce or enhance their existing work, to better support themselves and their families.
- Work with men living with PTSD, depression, anxiety, addictions and related challenges.
- Take men outside of the therapist’s office, engages them in adventure experiences and hands on learning (hiking, group building activities, time outdoors, campfire conversations).
- Build capacity with Service Provider using T.O.N.E.’s innovative approaches.
- Isolation and weak social connection are associated with reduced life-span;
- Men respond positively to non-traditional forms of therapy;
- 1 out of 10 men in Canada experience major depression;
- 4 out of 5 deaths by suicide in Canada, are by men; and that
- 7 out of 10 overdose deaths are men in Canada.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOUR CLIENTS?
- Participants meet with Nick or Brian for a short intake/informal conversation-an opportunity for them to ask questions and find out more about T.O.N.E Spryfield and see if it’s a good fit for them.
- Intakes take place on July 8th or July 12th 2019.
- A commitment of 3 months – attendance at all sessions listed.
- An openness to have conversations with other men about what is going on with them. What’s going well in your life? What they would like to change?
- A curiosity to explore their own mental health and wellness with other men, while incorporating outdoor and adventure therapy.