Youth Employment Coordinator
Chebucto Connections – Elevate Employment Program
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 18 Months with possibility of extension based on funding
Salary: 23.50 hourly
Hours: 37.5 hrs. per week
The Chebucto Connections Elevate Employment program will play an important role in developing confidence and building resiliency within young people in the Spryfield area. The Elevate Program strengthens the community by lowering unemployment and improving t the employability of youth who face multiple barriers to success.
Reporting to the Program Director the Youth Employment Coordinator will play a central role in the success of young people by building positive rapport, opening up opportunities and bridging the gap between the young person and the employer.
- Relevant combination of experience and University (preferred) education in Business, community development or social sciences
- Experience working with diverse populations of youth, one-on-one and in groups
- Experience working with organizations to develop work plans and work placements
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, written and presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and able to thoughtfully and effectively communicate with staff, volunteers and the public
- Proficient in computer use including Microsoft Office and comfortable working with databases
- Ability to set priorities, manage time and workloads, and work in a team setting
- Knowledge of community and social service resources that support youth and families considered an asset
- Experience in case management, case notes, data collection and program evaluation
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention, Mental Health First Aid, ASSIST training and a valid driver’s license
- Maintain positive and supportive relationships with participants and their community support networks
- Work with youth to develop Resiliency Assessments and goal setting, providing information and context in a youth friendly manner
- Establish and strengthen relationships with outside businesses to open up opportunities for work placements
- Alongside the Program Director, build networks and partnerships with businesses and organizations across HRM
- Understand the individual strengths and challenges faced by participants and how those challenges impact behavior and commitment
- Work with youth to create individual Employment Actions Plans and support them to achieve their goals
Chebucto Connections is committed to building a diverse staff team and engages in proactive employment practices to increase representation from our diverse communities. We strongly encourage applications and self-identification from minority candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by submitting resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline September 24 @ 4pm.