Volunteer & Placement Student Coordinator
Start Date: Aug 23, 2021
Contract Length: 1 year with option to renew if funding is available
Salary: 23.45 hourly
Hours: 37.5 hrs. per week
Chebucto Connections is a community development agency focused on addressing our communities most urgent social issues. We provide a variety of programs and services aimed at poverty, social isolation and education. Our Pathways to Education program is focused on increasing graduation rates in our community to break the cycle of poverty. The Volunteer and Placement Student Coordinator is responsible for ensuring our Pathways program has the volunteers needed to successfully run its weekly programming.
- Recruit, train, screen and orient volunteer program assistants and placement students for the Pathways to Education program.
- Coordinate volunteer program assistants: ongoing communication and scheduling.
- Supervise relevant placement students; liaising with practicum coordinators; project planning; advising and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain of relationships with university departments, course instructors, placement, practicum and service learning coordinators.
- Participate in awareness building and recruitment geared events: university fairs, public speaking engagements; class visits; information sessions for university and colleges.
- Work with the Pathways Leadership team to foster strategic relationships with corporate partners – facilitating corporate volunteer opportunities, providing presentations/information sessions to teams.
- Work with the Pathways Leadership team to manage the after-school program
- Lead staff person for Healthy Snack Program, supervises Snack Program Assistant.
- Work with the Pathways Leadership team to develop relationships with strategic partners to offer workshops and events in after-school program – Halifax Sports Hall of Fame; Brilliant Labs etc.
- Participate in relevant committees and working groups to advance the work of Chebucto Connections.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in program coordination
- Post-secondary education in relevant field
- Experience supervising people
- Excellent skills in information management
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and can manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of human behavior and interpersonal dynamics
- Can work independently and as a team
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal
- Innovative and open to new ideas
- Commitment to high quality program delivery
Please apply by submitting resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline June 24 @ 4pm.