Community Outreach Coordinator
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8:30-4:30pm) 75 hours bi-weekly
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Process: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to share your personal qualities and highlights of your experience.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Outreach Coordinator will play an integral part in providing direct support and navigation services to the community. As a Community Hub you will act as a liaison between organizations and the community by facilitating connections, promoting services and advocating on their behalf if needed. Chebucto Connections is a learning organization and is open to innovative ideas on how we share our work and serve more people.
- Experience working with diverse populations that include those experiencing poverty.
- Relevant combination of experience and Post-Secondary (Preferred) community development, social services or a related field.
- Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Solid communication both written and verbal.
- Computer proficiency is required, particularly Microsoft Office and comfortable working with databases.
- Knowledge of Social Determinants of Health will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Able to collect and analyze data to determine effectiveness of services offered
- Ability to set priorities, manage time and workloads
- Ability to work in a manner that preserves confidentiality, dignity and well-being
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to build positive & collaborative relationships that enhance the organizations mission.
- Work one-on-one with residents providing direct support & navigation services
- Create client drop in service opportunities that address barriers or gaps in services
- Collect information on local demographics, trends and needs
- Maintain outreach database which details contacts, partnerships and outreach activities
- Advocate for clients when required
- Work collaboratively with all team members and partnering agencies to achieve excellent service and outcomes
- Organize and facilitate monthly round table meetings
- Maintain program documents and write reports to funders
- Assist Executive Director with annual report on outreach programs
What we offer:
- Dental Care & Extended Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Wellness and Sick Time
- Casual Dress
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday Break
Chebucto Connetions strives to be an employer that supports all employees with a conviction to place employee’s health and happiness along with their family first. To that end we endeavor to provide a clean, safe and secure workplace with various support mechanisms and operational flexibility. The following list includes specific assumptions about the organization’s working conditions:
- Flexible work schedule
- Overtime may be required at times and will be compensated an equal amount of time off work (these hours must be pre-approved)
- Employees are expected to multi-task with possible interruptions from colleagues, management or other persons
- A typical work week is an 8 hour shift that includes one 30 min paid break and one 30 min unpaid break
Chebucto Connections recognizes the value of a representative workforce and is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our goal is to be a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Our priority groups are indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify.