Post Secondary & Career Development Coordinator – Pathways to Education Program
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday including one evening Start Date: Feb 14, 2023
Application Process: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to share your personal qualities and highlights of your experience.
Position Overview: Pathways to Education plays an important role in developing confidence and building resiliency with young people in the Spryfield area. Pathways strengthens the community by lowering highschool dropout rates and increasing post-secondary education access among youth. Reporting to the Pathways to Education Program Manager, the Post-Secondary & Career Development Coordinator provides support with the transition from Highschool to post-secondary and employment opportunities for Pathways to Education students, staying on top of grants and bursaries available to youth, and helping to match young people with employment.
- Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills, written and presentation skills.
- Relevant combination of experience and Post-Secondary education in human resources, community development or social science
- Computer proficiency is required, particularly Microsoft Office and comfortable working with databases
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to thoughtfully and effectively communicate with staff, volunteers and the public
- Knowledge of community and social service resources that support youth and families is an asset
- Work/life experience with secondary school policies & programs is an asset
- Understanding of the strengths, capacities, challenges and barriers faced by youth today
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work in a manner that preserves confidentiality, dignity, and well-being
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Support students through career exploration, goal setting, planning & application process
- Attend meetings with program staff to ensure open communications and collaborated approach to youth supports.
- Facilitation of workshops for groups and motivational conversations one on one
- Support the Alumni Coordinator in connecting with current students and alumni
- Organize campus visits and career workshops
- Support students and Alumni with the application process to post-secondary institutions and other scholarship/bursaries that are available
- Liaison with University and College contacts
- Enter post-secondary and work related purchase payments into database and run reports
- Maintain and implement organizational policies
- Oversee program budget ensuring financial policies are followed
- Assist with written reports to Pathways Canada
What we offer:
- Dental Care & Extended Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Wellness and Sick Time
- Casual Dress
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday Break
Chebucto Connetions strives to be an employer that supports all employees with a conviction to place employee’s health and happiness along with their family first. To that end we endeavor to provide a clean, safe and secure workplace with various support mechanisms and operational flexibility. The following list includes specific assumptions about the organization’s working conditions:
- Flexible work schedule
- Overtime may be required at times and will be compensated an equal amount of time off work (these hours must be pre-approved)
- Employees are expected to multi-task with possible interruptions from colleagues, management or other persons
- A typical work day is an 8 hour shift that includes one 30 min paid break and one 30 min unpaid break
Chebucto Connections recognizes the value of a representative workforce and is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our goal is to be a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Our priority groups are indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify.