Building connections to build community
Chebucto Connections helps residents participate in community life, from Armdale to the Pennants, by focusing on individual and community strengths. We identify and attract resources to increase opportunities for residents, groups and their communities, so we can work together to improve the quality of life throughout Eastern Chebucto Peninsula. We partner with community groups, agencies, businesses, institutions and governments to better serve their clients and focus their efforts on local interests and priorities.
Operating since 1987, the Chebucto Connections office located at 531 Herring Cove Rd. serves as a hub for all who live and work in Eastern Chebucto, who want to make their community a better place to live.
Our values are based on a sense of community and a belief in the common good.
- Security & Prosperity, and therefore we support initiatives that protect, enhance and attract resources to our communities.
- Diversity & Inclusiveness, and therefore we welcome all viewpoints and serve to amplify marginalized voices.
- Equity & Fairness, and therefore we are dedicated to assisting groups that work toward equitable access to resources.
- Caring & Engagement, and therefore we seek to develop common understanding by listening and partnering to develop relationships that maximize results.
- Transparency, and therefore we declare our associations with others and communicate responsibly when representing the Association as appropriate, while respecting confidentiality.
- We believe that every man, woman and child has an active role to play in their community.
- We believe that neighbourhood groups are the heart of every community.
- We believe that communities working together are stronger.
Linking Individuals to Groups
If you want to be more involved in your neighbourhood or community, Chebucto Connections offers help. Check out Getting Involved, or drop in to see us in our space in the Community Wellness Centre. We can help you find where you might fit.
Linking Groups to Individuals
Because of our beliefs, Chebucto Connections has also developed practical tools to help groups in their efforts to build a stronger community. These tools include information and tips on everything from ideas on fundraising, how to design clear brochures using plain language, ways to connect with youth and communicate with seniors, and how to attract and keep volunteers.
Linking Groups and Communities
At Chebucto Connections, we partner with community groups, agencies, businesses, institutions and governments to help them better serve their clients and focus their efforts on local interests and priorities. We do this through our Programs and by supporting Community Initiatives.